Sunday, August 3, 2008

Colossians 3:15



Me and Whit are trying to memorize Colossians chapter three. Scripture memorization has never come very easy for me, but Whit brought up the challenge and it's going pretty well. Any ways, I was reading through and I got to the fifteenth verse:

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful."

The second I read that scripture I just started to meditate on peace. What a beautiful thing to think upon... the peace of God reigning in our hearts. But then I started to hear gun fire, bombs, and crashing debris. I visualized the most bloody, violent, and vehement battle scene one could imagine. And I felt God whisper to me... "This is your heart."

We're so hard on ourselves. We make Satan's job so easy. He probably just sits back and watches us wage war against ourselves. We hurl accusations at ourselves and inflict injury and punishment all within the confines of our heart. And we usually don't sop there but start firing at others. Pretty soon we're in a state of lovelessness. Not loving ourselves near as much as God loves us, and not loving others near as much as we love ourselves.

The cross, the grave, and the resurrection was the ultimate peace treaty. God crushed violence, accusation, and sin; freeing us to be at peace with Him and ourselves. We have to understand that we are loved beyond our understanding. The perfect love of Jesus, and that alone, will bring peace to our hearts.

1 comment:

Princess Samantha said...

Just a word of encouragement...

Hey, Jack! You don't know me, and I don't know you...but I am a huge fan of Leeland, and I just want to let you know how much you guys have inspired me. I am also a musician and songwriter, and I have been greatly influenced by you guys (especially you, Jack, since the piano/keyboard is my instrument too!). That's why I'd like to encourage you to keep living on fire for God because I look up to you. I am proud to say that I am part of the Opposite Way movement. So for you, that means...keep praising the Lord in elevators!

So, I just hope this little note encourages you today. Leeland is one of my top favorite bands of all time--I own both your CDs, 2 t-shirts, and pray for you guys before I see you in concert. Keep rockin' and give God all the glory!

~Samantha

P.S. I just saw Leeland this past Friday and put pictures up on my blog (hereiam2worship.blogspot.com), but the person on the keyboard doesn't look like you. Was that you?