Friday, July 25, 2008

Life this week...


I'm only in the fourth chapter and it's already so fun! I just love children's books. They have the most surprising and practical insights for everyday life. Whitney and I have vowed to never grow up and always read these books even when we're "old".


An amazing little book that has been so encouraging to me this week. I've had it on the bookshelf for years, and I'm just now diving into it. It's reminding me who I am in Christ.
__________________________________________

In other news, the doctors say I have Bell's Palsy. You basically lose muscle control on one side of your face. It's kind of funny... and not funny at the same time. I'm blessed because I only have a mild form of it (no facial drooping or anything), but my smile is pretty funky. haha... sorry, no pictures.

Any ways, I'm on a strict health plan with lots of vitamins and such. I'm getting way more sleep than I'm used to getting, and I'm spending a whole lot of time in the presence of God. It's been so refreshing to sit back and rest in God. What a concept! I'm learning that I don't have to control everything in my life... including the left side of my face. :-) I don't have to be impressive, powerful, or exceptional... I'm going to let God be all of those things. I'm just going to do what i was created to do... fall in love with him more and more. God's healing me, because healing is in God and God is in me! So I'm not worried at all. Please keep me in your prayers! And thanks for those of you that have been praying for me; it means a lot.

Love love love!

-jack